Associate Professor (CHS)
- Vice Chair of Informatics
Dr. Richard Bruce is the radiology Vice Chair of Informatics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. A large portion of his efforts are devoted to the clinical integration of AI across the entire spectrum of clinical workflows. This includes AI-assisted clinical decision support for ordering medical imaging through integration of AI within imaging modalities for and extends through radiologist interpretive workflows to actionable results communication and follow up within the EHR. There is a significant focus on providing infrastructure, processes, and tools for researchers to support efficient workflows for data discovery and AI model development. UW Radiology has a long legacy of informatics innovation through deep industrial partnerships. Dr. Bruce is involved in data and workflow integration across multiple partner systems. Dr. Bruce has been actively involved in computing resource and network implementation since the mid-1990s and previously worked as an internetwork engineer for Cisco Systems.
- Undergraduate Oklahoma State University - 1999
- Medical School University of Washington School of Medicine - 2005
- Internship University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - 2004
- Residency University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 2008
- Fellowship University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 2009