- Fellowship: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics (Madison, WI)
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI)
- Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI)
- Internship: Saint Luke's Medical Center (Milwaukee, WI)
- Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics (Madison, WI)
Sam Charles, MD, is a Clinical Professor for the Community Division of Radiology. He joined the Department of Radiology faculty in 2007. He earned his Bachelor of Science at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, followed by his medical degree at the Medical College of WI. Dr. Charles completed his medical internship at Saint Luke's Medical Center in Milwaukee, WI. He returned to UW–Madison for his Diagnostic Radiology Residency at UW as well as completing his fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging. Dr. Charles currently works at Meriter Hospital, 1 S Park Medical Imaging Facility, GHC, and Fort Atkinson Medical Center. His clinical interests include joint imaging, spine imaging, and general diagnostic radiology. His personal interests include spending time with family, travel, sports, and music.