The mission of the University of Wisconsin Department of Radiology is to improve human health through innovation in clinical care, imaging research, and education.
To achieve our mission, we:
- Provide outstanding, respectful, and culturally sensitive patient care.
- Improve the health of our patients by creating innovative technology and translating imaging research into clinical practice.
- Recruit, educate, and develop imaging healthcare professionals.
- Share our clinical expertise through regional outreach to the people of Wisconsin and their healthcare providers.
The UW Department of Radiology provides excellence in patient care in an environment that is respectful of others, adaptive to change, accountable for outcomes, and attentive to the needs of underserved populations.
We fulfill our value statement by:
- Sharing our clinical expertise through regional outreach to the people of Wisconsin and their healthcare providers.
- Providing an environment for education of our trainees, staff, and healthcare professionals through scholarly conferences and continuing education programs.
- Improving human health by developing innovative imaging technology through basic and translational research in collaboration with colleagues at UW-Madison and beyond.
- Honoring the Wisconsin Idea to improve peoples’ lives beyond our walls by collaborating with industry to translate new technology into daily clinical practice.
- Supporting the economic development of Wisconsin and the financial wellbeing of UW Health.
- Recruiting and developing dedicated faculty and health professionals who inspire their co-workers and students towards lifelong learning, research discovery, service to their community and clinical excellence.