In the News
UW Radiology faculty are national leaders on resident diversity and well-being.
- Combatting Microaggressions in the Workplace. RSNA News (Narayan). July 2022.
- Radiology Bootcamp, May 2022.
- Radiology Bootcamp. April 2022.
- Improving Health Care Through Inclusive Language: Inclusive Academic Writing. Grand Round (Ellis, Chonde, Lubner). January 2022.
- Reducing Breast Cancer Racial Mortality Disparities: the Chicago Model. Grand Rounds (Murphy, Narayan). December 2021.
- A health disparities research framework to guide a radiology response to achieve equitable care during crisis (Jaramillo-Cardoso, Daye, Narayan, Rosman, Brink, Flores) Clinical Imaging. November 2021.
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Lung Cancer Screening Eligibility (Narayan, Chowdhry, Fintelmann, Little, Shepard, Flores) Radiology. September 2021.
- Endometrial Thickness Measurement on Ultrasound Underperforms in Detecting Endometrial Cancer in Black Women (Priyanka, Sadowski) American Journal of Roentgenology. September 2021.
- Practical Tips for Creating a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee: Experience From a Multicenter, Academic Radiology Department (Narayan, Schaefer, Daye, Alvarez, Choude, McLoud, Flores, Brink) Journal of the American College of Radiology. July 2021.
- No Time for Complacency: Near-term Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Author Gender in Radiology (Robbins, Khosa) Radiology. March 2021.
- Ensuring a Smooth Transition for Trainees Returning from Parental Leave – A Guide for Program Directors (DeBenedectis, Jay, Jordan, Raybon, Robbins, Deitte). Academic Radiology. June 2021.
- The influence of patient race on the use of diagnostic imaging in United States emergency departments: data from the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care survey (Ross, Kalia, Chan, Li). BMC Health Serv Res. Sept 2020.
- Equity and Inclusion in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Education (Herrmann, Stephenson) Radiol Technol. July 2020.
- Lactation Policy and Resources for Trainees in the Department of Radiology (Robbins, Shubeck, Kanters, Greenwood) J Am Coll Radiol. March 2019.
- Gender Diversity in Radiology: It Is Not Just Black and White; It Is Multiple Shades of Gray (Zavaletta, Robbins) J Am Coll Radiol. April 2019.
- A Program Director’s Guide to Cultivating Diversity and Inclusion in Radiology Residency Recruitment (DeBenedectis, Heitkamp, England, Patel, Swanson, Sarkany) Acad Radiol. Aug 2019.