- Chief, MRI
- Clinical Director, PET/MRI
Dr. Ali Pirasteh graduated from the University of California Berkeley with a Bachelor of Science in chemistry. He attended Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He completed his diagnostic radiology residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, during which his developed his research focus in abdominal MRI. Dr. Pirasteh completed his Body MRI fellowship at UT Southwestern, where he continued his MRI research with a focus on development of novel MR imaging techniques. He continued his training by completing a fellowship in Nuclear Medicine at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. Dr. Pirasteh joined the Nuclear Medicine and the Abdominal Imaging and Interventions sections at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in 2019 as an Assistant Professor of Radiology. He also serves as the Associate Chief of MRI and the Clinical Director of PET/MRI. His clinical and research interests include development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic radiotracers, rapid MR image acquisition techniques, and PET/MRI applications.
- Medical School Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine - 2012
- Internship Case Western Reserve University - MetroHealth Hospital - 2013
- Residency University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - 2017
- Fellowship Memorial Sloan Kettering - 2019
- Fellowship University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center - 2018