- 1 S. Park Medical Director
- Radiography Modality Chief and Fluoroscopy Modality Chief, Community Radiology
B. Keegan Markhardt, MD, joined the UW Department of Radiology faculty in 2010, and currently serves as a Clinical Professor. He works in both the Community Division as well as the Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention Section of the Academic Division. Dr. Markhardt practices many aspects of radiology with a special interest in bone and joint imaging. Prior to joining the faculty, Dr. Markhardt received his Bachelor of Science in biochemistry with honors, and a bachelors of science in zoology at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. He continued his education at the UW–Madison, where he obtained his medical degree. Dr. Markhardt completed his Diagnostic Radiology residency at the University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY, followed by a Fellowship in Osteoradiology at the University of California-San Diego. He is currently the lead physician for the Meriter-UnityPoint musculoskeletal ultrasound program, modality chief of radiology in the Community Division, and serves on the UW Radiology Professional Practice Committee and UW Radiation Safety Device Committee. Dr. Markhardt’s professional interests include sports medicine, osteoarthritis and other arthritides, 3D printing, reporting and procedural standardization and optimization, and teaching.
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI)
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (Madison, WI)
- Residency: University of Rochester Medical Center (Rochester, NY)
- Fellowship: University of California San Diego Medical Center (San Diego, CA)