- Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin — 1991
- Graduate: University of Wisconsin-Madison — 1985
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin - Madison — 1982
- Residency: University of Wisconsin
- Fellowship: University of Wisconsin
Dr. Gary J. Wendt, professor (CHS) of Radiology, Enterprise Director of Medical Imaging and Vice Chair of Informatics at the University of Wisconsin–Madison has more than 20 years experience in electrical and computer engineering, business, internal medicine and radiology. Dr. Wendt began his career as a computer scientist where he wrote several copyrighted applications for large commercial institutions. He has given more than 50 presentations and lectures, authored over 30 articles, written several book chapters, and received a United States patent, His medical specialty training includes diagnostic radiology and neuroradiology.