- Undergraduate: Kansas State University — 2009
- Medical School: University of Kansas School of Medicine — 2015
- Internship: University of Kansas Medical Center — 2016
- Residency: University of Kansas Medical Center — 2020
- Fellowship: University of Wisconsin — 2021
Sam was born in Kansas City #ChiefsKingdom. He received a biology degree at Kansas State University and graduated from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Sam stayed in KC for his residency at KU where he was chief resident. MSK brought him to the UW where he is enjoying his diagnostic and interventional fellowship. Outside of work, Sam enjoys family time with his wife and son, Jessie and Henry. He is excited for their second child who is due this winter.