Reporting Guidelines on the Use of Gender, Race, and Ethnicity in Research
JAMA Guidance on the Reporting of Race and Ethnicity in Medical and Science Journals: Updated guidance on the reporting of race and ethnicity in medical and science journals. Flanagin A, Grey T, Christiansen AL. JAMA 2021; 326:621–627
Sex and Gender Equity in Research (SAGER) guidelines: Sex and gender equity in research: rationale for the SAGER guidelines and recommended use. Heidari S, Babor TF, De Castro P, Tort S, Curno M. Research Integrity and Peer Review2016; 1:2
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health Presenter’s Guide [Intranet]. Bussan H, Hoang T, Villaruz J, Hernandez JB, Rajan S. 2020.
- AMA Manual of Style: A Guide for Authors and Editors. 11th ed. Christiansen S, Iverson C, Flanagin A, et al. Oxford University Press, 2020.
- The Diversity Style Guide (for journalists and media professionals)
- Health equity guiding principles for inclusive communication. Centers for Disease Control.
- The Language of Inclusion, 3rded. Wright JE.
- Preferred terms for select population groups & communities. Centers for Disease Control.
- Say this, not that: activating workplace diversity through inclusive language practice. Ferguson J.
- Striving for a more inclusive workplace? Start by examining your language. The Precise Language Team at Google.
- Survey of experiences of transgender and gender nonbinary patients during imaging encounters and opportunities for improvement. Grimstad FW, Stowell JT, Gaddis M. AJR2020; 215:1136–1142