The Abdominal Imaging section was well represented at the 2010 annual meeting of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Imaging held in Dresden, Germany, June 2-5. The section’s contributions included four scientific papers and three invited talks by Perry Pickhardt, MD. Cody Boyce, MD received the “ESGAR Top 20″ presenters award for his presentation entitled “Should Small Sliding Hiatal Hernias be Reported at CT Colonography?” The ESGAR Top 20 is awarded to radiologists in training whose abstracts have been highly rated by the reviewing panel. Congratulations to Dr. Boyce and to all who presented at ESGAR.
Three invited talks by Perry Pickhardt, MD:
- CT Colonography: Pros & Cons in Symptomatic Patients
- Computer-aided Detection of Colorectal Polyps: Diagnostic Performance in a Large Asymptomatic Screening Population
- Interactive Review of CT Colonography Cases with Computer-aided Detection
- Boyce CJ, Pickhardt PJ, Kim DK. Should Small Sliding Hiatal Hernias be Reported at CT Colonography?
- Boyce CJ, Pickhardt PJ. Description and Characterization of an MDCT Artifact Related to the Intra-scan Flow of Dense Luminal Fluid (the “Dense Waterfall”)
- Pickhardt PJ, Lawrence E. Multi-detector CT for Suspected Acute Appendicitis: Diagnostic Performance in 1,666 Adults.
- Buchach CM, Pickhardt PJ, Kim DH. Quality Control at CT Colonography: The Frequency of Obtaining an Additional Decubitus Series.