Assistant Professor (CHS)
Giuseppe V. Toia, MD, MS is an Assistant Professor (CHS) in the Abdominal Imaging and Intervention section. Dr. Toia graduated from Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine followed by a transitional internship year at Resurrection Medical Center in Chicago, IL. He completed residency in Diagnostic Radiology and fellowship in Abdominal Imaging, both at University of Washington in Seattle, WA. Dr. Toia’s specific clinical interests include genitourinary radiology with specific interest in pelvic floor dysfunction, novel abdominal CT applications such as dual-energy/spectral CT, oncologic imaging biomarkers, and non-invasive characterization of abdominal tumors. His academic interests include radiology physics with focus on CT workflow and optimization, deep learning applications in diagnostic radiology and intervention, and opportunistic imaging. Dr. Toia is a Chicago native and enjoys outdoor activities with his wife. He plays hockey, religiously follows the NHL and F1, plays piano and bass guitar, and is an avid tabletop game player-collector.
- Medical School: Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine (Maywood, IL)
- Residency: University of Washington Medical Center (Seattle, WA)
- Fellowship: University of Washington Medical Center (Seattle, WA)
- Undergraduate: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (Champaign, IL)
- Graduate: Rush University Graduate College (Chicago, IL)
- Internship: Resurrection Medical Center (Chicago, IL)