- Joseph F. Sackett Professor of Radiology
- Chair, MRI Safety Committee
Dr. Howard A. Rowley is a professor (tenure) of Radiology, Neurology, and Neurosurgery; Chief of Neurological MRI; and the Joseph F. Sackett Professor of Radiology at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. He obtained his MA and MD degrees from Washington University in St. Louis, and multi-specialty training at the University of California, San Francisco. He is board-certified and active in the disciplines of neurology, radiology, and neuroradiology. Dr. Rowley is internationally recognized for his contributions to stroke trials, dementia research, and advanced imaging techniques. He is first past president of the American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR). Dr. Rowley has received multiple outstanding speaker awards for his lectures and webcasts covering a wide range of neuroradiology topics.
- Medical School: Washington University (St. Louis, MO)
- Residency: University of California (San Francisco, CA)
- Fellowship: University of California (San Francisco, CA)