Dr. Amy Fowler is an assistant professor (tenure) in the Breast Imaging Section of the Department of Radiology. She received undergraduate degrees in electrical engineering and biology from South Dakota State University. She is a graduate of the Medical Scientist Training Program at the University of Wisconsin–Madison with a doctoral degree in cellular and molecular biology. After finishing internship at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse, she completed radiology residency and breast imaging fellowship at the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University in St. Louis. Dr. Fowler was selected for the RSNA Editorial Fellowship for Trainees in 2010 and received the RSNA Research & Education Foundation Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award in 2012. Her research interests include the investigation of molecular imaging biomarkers to assess early therapeutic response for breast cancer in preclinical and translational clinical studies.
- Undergraduate: South Dakota State University (Brookings, SD)
- Medical School: University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center (La Crosse, WI)
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University (St. Louis, MO)
- Fellowship: Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University (St. Louis, MO)
- Graduate: University of Wisconsin - Madison