Projects in this area focus on increasing the speed of imaging acquisition, improving the spatial coverage of these imaging sequences, and developing innovative acquisition methods to enhance the spatial and temporal characteristics of anatomical, functional, vascular and metabolic brain signals. They are also concerned with improving the quantification of structural and functional brain images. Innovative software and algorithms are continuously being developed for use in brain segmentation, volume and cortical thickness determination, functional signal localization, as well as automated image processing and analysis pipelines.
- MRI Pulse Sequence Development (Frank Korosec, Karl Vigen)
- Multimodal Imaging (fMRI, TMS, EEG) (Vivek Prabhakaran, Veena Nair)
- Quantitative Neuroimaging Approaches (Vivek Prabhakaran, Aaron Field, Alexei Samsonov)
- Image-guided Delivery Systems (Wally Block)
- Vascular Imaging (Patrick Turski, Charles Mistretta, Kevin Johnson)
- Perfusion Imaging (CT – Guang-Hong Chen , MRI & CT – Howard Rowley)