Virtual Away Rotation
We are now accepting applications for 2-week virtual away rotations! Students will have the opportunity to take our Diagnostic Radiology 920 elective remotely. The course includes virtual observation of the reading room clinical workflow, interdisciplinary conferences on patient care, interactive case review sessions with Radiology faculty and trainees, and didactic content to develop proficiency in both interpretive and non-interpretive skills. Please see our Course Syllabus for more information. To apply, please contact KYang3@uwhealth.org and include the following:
- Current CV
- Letter of Intent
- Personal Statement
- Available USMLE Scores
Note: We will not be holding any in-person away rotations for 2020 – 2021. This is a virtual away rotation that students will complete remotely; there will be no in-person course activities and thus will not require travel to UW-Madison.
Criteria for Visiting Student Applications
The School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison reviews applications for visiting students meeting all of the following criteria:
- The student is a U.S. citizen, Canadian citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- The student is currently enrolled in an LCME or AOA accredited medical school
- The student is in his/her final year of training at the time they will be rotating in the School of Medicine and Public Health
- The student has received a passing score on USMLE Step 1
There are no exceptions to these criteria.
Visiting Medical Students at University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Each year, in mid-April, an updated elective catalog is published. On the final Friday of April we begin accepting applications for the upcoming academic year. In mid-May we begin processing visiting student applications. Please…
- Visit the VSAS website to apply. Or go directly to University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health VSAS information page.
- Students from LCME-accredited Canadian schools should contact email@example.com for instructions to apply outside of VSAS
- Do not contact departments or course directors unless directed to do so as outlined in the departmental links, below.
Affiliation agreement: An affiliation agreement between the visiting student’s home institution and UW-Madison is required. Agreements must be initiated by the home institution. This UW Box folder contains the AAMC Uniform Affiliation Agreement, UW Implementation Letter, and information/instructions. For questions specifically relating to affiliation agreements, please have your institution contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting students seeking rotations in the following departments should select the appropriate link for additional department-specific information: