- Director, Gynecological Imaging
Dr. Elizabeth Sadowski joined our department in 2001 as a fellow in Abdominal Imaging and continued as faculty in the Abdominal Imaging and Intervention Section after her fellowship. Since 2001 Dr. Sadowski has focused on MRI research, from functional MR imaging of the transplanted kidney, to the safe use of MR contrast agents to more recently, investigating how imaging can be used to guide the treatment of women with gynecologic cancers. Her current area of expertise is MR and PET imaging of uterine cancer and the evaluation of ovarian tumors by MR imaging. Dr. Sadowski is also active in mentoring young staff and residents in their careers, locally and nationally. In addition to her accomplishments in academia, she has been a dedicated mother to four young boys, who along with her husband Scott, are a big part of her life.
- Undergraduate: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Medical School: Loyola Stritch School of Medicine
- Residency: Loyola University Medical Center
- Fellowship: University of Wisconsin–Madison