The American Society of Head & Neck Radiology (ASHNR) Annual Meeting was held virtually on September 8 – 12, 2021. The goals of the ASHNR Annual Meeting include “advancing knowledge, stimulating interest, promoting research, and improving methods of Head and Neck Imaging.” The American Society of Functional Neuroradiology (ASFNR) Annual Meeting was held in Sante Fe, NM on September 19-21.
Many members of the Neuroradiology section participated in and presented at the meetings. Read below to see the faculty, staff, and fellows who gave presentations during this year’s meeting. We are proud that UW was represented so well, and congratulations to winners of educational exhibit awards!
- Justin Brucker, MD: Anterior Skull Base: Anatomy, Variants, Developmental Lesions
- Tabby Kennedy, MD: Hypopharynx
- Gregory Avey, MD: Diffusion-Weighted Imaging in Head and Neck: What Flavor
- Thomas Reher, MD; Greg Avey, MD; Anthony Kuner, MD; Tabby Kennedy, MD: Post-Contrast STIR imaging of the brachial plexus
- Current fellow Bradley Otto, MD; Greg Avey, MD; Jacki Whisenant, Katie Yang, MS; Tabby Kennedy, MD: Development of a Head and Neck Curriculum for Early Learners Utilizing Infographics. This exhibit won silver.
- Former fellow Joseph Lang, MD; Anthony Kuner, MD; Tabby Kennedy, MD: Horner Syndrome and the Oculosympathetic Pathway: A Case Based Review. This exhibit won gold.
- Laura Eisenmenger, MD and Ryan Griesbach, MD (current fellow): Non-epithelial Masses of the Oral Cavity. This exhibit received a Certificate of Merit and an invitation to be published in Neurographics.